For over a decade, Nyaya Health Nepal has delivered services at hospitals as a key component to our integrated care model.
We started services at Bayalpata Hospital in Achham in 2009, and have since institutionalized protocol-based care in hospitals, launched our Electronic Health Record, and offered training and task-shifting all cadres of healthcare providers. We started services at Charikot Hospital in Dolakha in 2016 and Chaurmandu Primary Health Care Center in 2018.
Some of the regular training that occurs includes:
- Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Childcare, including c-sections.
- Treating and studying Non-communicable diseases (NCDs), such as heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes, among the local population, as the leading causes of deaths in Nepal.
- Mental health screening and follow-up at health facilities and in the community.
- Motivational interviewing to improve medication adherence.
- Decision support tools and quality improvement through our integrated EHR.
- Task sharing, including training of health assistants to assess risk and offer counseling.
- Trained CHWs who follow-up to ensure patients fully understand the implications of their diagnosis (i.e. medications, lifestyle changes and more.)